Luxury and cycling are not usually two things you’d put together. But there’s a booming world of bespoke bike tour operators doing just that. Luxury bicycle rides is definitely a trend that’s gaining speed!
With a warm breeze on your face and stunning views in every direction, there aren’t many better ways to explore the beautiful countryside you roll through. Although, admittedly… I may be a little biased!
The cycling is relaxing, but these holidays aren’t about clocking up the miles, they’re about the time in-between.
From fine dining to soothing spa treatments, the holidays are tailor-made for the upper-class adventurer.
Sounds good to me! So what kind of experience can we expect to have in these all-inclusive extravagant bike tours?
Let’s find out!
What’s Included In The Tours?
As you might expect, the service received on these experiences is exceptional. With every aspect of the trip design for just one thing. To enjoy the finer things in life.
So you’ll need to prepare yourself for the peak of style and comfort with 4 – 5* luxury accommodation. Packed with fine dining options throughout the trip that will inspire and delight everyone’s taste buds.
It’s lucky that you’re cycling during the day, as you might struggle into your clothes the week after otherwise!
That’s the great thing about a cycling tour as your holiday. You don’t have to worry about consuming too much of the finer things in life.
By keeping acting during the day, you’re staying healthy and even releasing endorphins that make you feel good and sharp minded.
Seriously Travel has a few more great tips for staying healthy while traveling here.
You’ll be given an expert local tour guide who not only knows his way around, but he’ll also able to give you excellent knowledge on the area.
All you’ll need to do is gently pedal away as you learn more about the location you’re cycling through.
Having to carry panniers that are loaded up with your kit for a holiday can be a burden and take some of the fun away from the tour.
Luckily, high-end tours will offer a luggage transportation service for you. Transportation is great, as carrying your clothes in your panniers is not only heavy, it creases them for your nice meals out in the evening!
You’ll also have the added bonus of being able to pack more than you’d ever be able to carry on your bicycle.
More often than not it’s possible to find a company that will be able to plan a trip completely around you.
If you’re looking to take a specific route, and have all your accommodation and luggage looked after then this can be arranged.
Bespoke trips are ideal for the adventurer who wants to explore an area a little off the beaten track and really dive into the unknown.
It’s unlikely that all trips will include all of this equipment. But, the best tours out there will.
On your tour you can expect it to include:
- A personal bike fit by a certified guide (if you haven’t already got a bike that fits you well)
- Use of the tour companies high-end bicycles, helmet, water bottles, and jerseys.
- World class dining experiences, including full brilliant breakfasts, gourmet roadside picnics, large lunches, and first class dinners.
- Exceptional accommodation (a little better than my usual options)!
- All snacks for the day of riding.
- Photo books after your trip!
What’s Not Included?
Tour operators really go above and beyond what’s expected of them to make sure that your trip is the best it can be. But they have to draw the line somewhere.
So below is a list of what you’ll have to organise or purchase yourself
- Airfare and transportation to and from the trip pick-up/drop-off locations
- Spontaneous actives you decide to undertake while on your journey
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Any personal items you decide to purchase while on your trip.
Other than that everything is laid out for you so you can spend time exploring some of the most exciting places in the world.
Sometimes more time can be spent planning hotels and routes over having fun. So luxury tours take away all the hassle.
For now, I’m happy with my home on my back, but I’ll certainly consider a trip like this one day. I hope you enjoyed this post and will consider taking a few Luxury bicycle rides.
Bio: Hi everyone, my name’s Mike, and I’m currently cycling around Vietnam. When I’m not discussing the latest cycling kit, I’m running my bike blog – Pinch-Flat. Marie at Seriously Travel has been kind enough to let me share a luxury cycling post with you today. I hope you like it!
Latest posts by Marie Hernandez (see all)
- Top 10 Adventure Places in Europe – Guest Post by Howard Scalia -
- How to Embrace the Ups and Downs of Long Term Traveling – Guest Post By Ryan Biddulph -
- 8 Best Things to Do in Pai, Thailand ~ Guest Post By Linda Smith -
- Luxury Bicycle Rides – Guest Post By Mike McLeish -
- Inspiration Friday ~ Mosquito Bay, Puerto Rico -